Monday 9 July 2012

Race for life 2012!

My number


My team the Pink Panthers


Mum and her medal
Me and my medal (such an awful picture of me)


Yesterday my mum, my boyfriend’s mum, aunt, cousin and I made our way to our local park to take part in Race for life 2012. For once we arrived at the park on time, sporting pink tops, wacky hair (in my case big bed hair) and made our way to the pop up stage for warm ups. I didn’t get any pictures of us doing our warm up as it was raining too hard.

Due to the lovely summer weather we had (or not) the race was delayed due to the course having to be changed for safety reasons. Finally at 12pm the start whistle sounded, feeling a little wet and covered in mud we were off. 5,000 women all took part and the sea of pink ahead was incredible.

The sun finally made an appearance for the last leg of the race and I made it through the finish line in 40 minutes, not too bad as I hadn’t trained for the race. We were handed our medals and a race for life goodie bag and then waited for the others to come through the finish line too. The heavens open again will a gently splattering of rain which was a nice way to cool down.

We decided we will make this a yearly outing and will be running the race next year and I heard the words wings and leg warmers being mentioned so costume may be required too. We have also registered an interested in the Shine walk and Moonwalk and are organising a training plan for these events. If you are interested in these events please have a look at the event pages and get involved as it’s such an amazing cause.

We have raised just over £100 and still collecting money, once I know the final count I will let you all know.

Jessie-Lou
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...